Jesmonite AC100 is a water-based, two-component, acrylic polymer/mineral resin system. The system is suitable for a wide range of casting and laminating applications where the end-user wants to reduce the many risks associated with conventional solvent-based systems. A range of ancillary products including decorative and functional fillers, control chemicals, pigments and glass reinforcements are also provided making the material extremely versatile. The material is suitable for internal use only, however, if used externally a sealer or suitable paint system is recommended to protect surface appearance and should be done so at the users discretion.
The standard mix ratio is 2.5:1 Base to Liquid.
The finished colour is basically white, but with a peachy/pink tone. If you want a pure white cast, you need to add the Jesmonite White Pigment. Pigment should be added at a maximum of 2%.
SEE USER GUIDE
- Mix Ratio 2.5:1 Base to Liquid by weight
- Wet Density 1845 kg/m3
- Dry Density 1745 kg/m3
- Initial set 15 – 20 minutes (18°C, No Retarder)
- Demould 2 hours (fully set 24 hours)
- Expansion on set 0.15%
- Compressive Strength 25 – 30 MPa
- Tensile Strength (UTS) 25 – 35 Mpa
- Bending Elastic Limit (LOP) 15 – 20 Mpa
- Bending Strength (MOR) 50 – 65 Mpa
- Youngs Modulus 5 – 6 Mpa
- Impact Strength (Charpy) 30 KJ/m²
- Moisture Movement <1%
- Fire resistance B.S.476 Part 6&7 – Class ‘O’
- Freeze/Thaw resistance Excellent -Test specimens undamaged
- Wet/Dry 50 Cycles Test specimens undamaged
Cast and laminated decorative mouldings, and with the inclusion of suitable glass reinforcements can be utilised for lightweight, high-impact panels. Jesmonite provides a fire-resistant coating for many expanded foams for theme park and theatre props.
- Solvent-free – No VOC’s
- Good abrasion resistance and impact strength
- High Compressive and tensile strength
- Rapid curing and high early strength gain
Jesmonite Base is the powder part used with AC100 Liquid and AC300 Liquid. Formerly known as Jesmonite AC Powder.
- Mix ratio: 2.5 Base: 1 Liquid by weight.
It is also possible to mix the material at a 3:1 ratio to produce a fast set which can be used to fill joints, air bubbles, or joint castings.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.